Skip to main content

Creative Hop!

Hello friends! I was tagged by my dear friend, Jessica, to participate in the Creative Hop. Jessica is the lovely author of the blog Stamp a Blessing, and the founder of the My Pumpkin Challenge (of which I am lucky enough to be part of her team). Have you heard of the Creative Hop? No? It is a way for us to tell you a little about ourselves and make some new friends as we go. You can see Jessica's post here with her answers to the questions.

Now, it is my turn.


What am I working on now?

I am always working on the Paper Pumpkin Challenge, of course. I love to come up with new ideas and alternatives with the Paper Pumpkin kits. I am also working on samples and projects for upcoming classes. Currently, my biggest project is preparing for the Columbine Craft Fair. I share a booth with my friend Rosalynda, and I am in the process of creating goodies to sell at that event. I will be sharing some of my projects in the next few weeks.

How does my work differ than others in my genre?

Hmm, I am not sure my work differs from others entirely. I do try to keep others in mind when I create something. Sometimes people can be intimidated by all the beautiful cards and projects they see. I want everyone to know they can make it too! They can go home, pull out their supplies and recreate what we made in class or what they see on my blog.  I enjoy teaching others that they can express their creativity too.

Why do I create what I do?

To make pretty things of course! Whether it is a card or a gift for someone, I really enjoy adding a personal touch. I have always loved being creative. Drawing, painting, embroidery and friendship bracelets were my first projects, when I was a wee lass. As I got older I moved onto scrapbooking, which I still love to do. Then, about 12 years ago, I was introduced to Stampin' Up and I have been hooked ever since. Being creative makes me happy.

My mom is another source of inspiration for me. She is the most creative person I know, she has shown me the way. She works magic with anything artsy-craftsy. I am so lucky I was able to watch and learn. 

How does my creative process work?

It usually begins when my kids go to bed. That is when I am able to unwind and play with my toys, which gives me a burst of night-time energy, like a double-shot espresso pumped directly into my brain. Sometimes I get inspired by something I have seen on Pinterest or on another blog and I want to recreate it. Other times I never know what I will make. I might pull out a stamp set and let my creative juices take over, improvising my next creation. Hosting classes in my home each month also motivates me to create fresh new projects.

Tag......you're it!

I am tagging my friend Amy Taylor at Just a Little Ink. She is part of our Stampin' Up team in Denver. I have known her since I first became a demonstrator. She always makes awesome cards for our swaps. Be sure to stop by and see what Amy is making. 

I am also tagging the talented Amanda Corbet over at Krafting Kreations. I have been a big fan of Amanda's kreations for a long time. I was lucky enough to work with her last month over at Craft Project Central. Be sure to visit her blog, you will leave inspired!

I can't wait to check out their blogs next Monday to see their responses for the Creative Hop!

Comments

  1. You are absolutely amazing my sweet friend! I can relate- getting crafty when the kids go to bed. What a blessing to have a crafty partner mama. Yay! I love every one of your project and love to have you in my life. This hop has been fun, so neat to meet new friends. Will take a peek into your tagged friends next Monday. Love you and thank you for sharing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

December Challenge: Brr! It's Cold!

Let's start December with a new challenge over at the My Pumpkin Challenge ! The last Paper Pumpkin kit was so adorable. I can't wait to see what everyone is making with it. The Challenge this month is Brr! It's cold. I live in Colorado and it is usually really cold and snowy this time of year. Yesterday the temperature was 60 degrees. My son wore shorts to school. It does not feel like December yet! It is weird to see Christmas lights hanging with no snow. I don't think snow is even in the forecast in Denver. But, in the spirit of winter here is my sample this week! p.s. I am not complaining about the warmth, just noting that it is odd. ;) I used one of the cute snowflake cards to make this hot cocoa treat. I cut one flap off the card (the end with half a snowflake). Then I used sticky tape to tape the sides of the remaining snowflake piece, to make a pocket for the hot cocoa packet. I stamped some snowflakes along the bottom and embellished the centers with rhi

New! Wishes and Stars Challenge

Let's welcome August with a new challenge over at the My Pumpkin Challenge . The theme this month is " Wishes & Stars ." It totally fits the July Paper Pumpkin kit. I love the options they provided in this kit and all the products too. You still have time to sign up for your Paper Pumpkin kit and to take advantage of the great deal going on now. Here is my sample this week. I made a star border with the different size star shapes from the kit. I traced the star outlines first, cut around my pencil lines then adhered the stars. (I thought it would look cleaner that way instead of having to cut around the stars and get in the tight areas.) The front says Make a and the inside actually says WISH, but I left my camera at work so I will show you the inside tomorrow. Don't forget to stop by the My Pumpkin Challenge today to for more inspiration. We would love for you to share your creations too! Don't be shy, even if you do not have a blog you can participa

All of May!

I have been slacking here this month. This has been one busy month for me. I mean, all my months are busy but these last few weeks have been a bit different. We are swapping rooms in my house. My son is moving into my craft room and my daughter is moving into my son's old room. So right now all of my craft items (ALL OF THEM) are in my living room, dining room and even in my kitchen! My son is almost fully moved into his new room. We just finished painting my daughter's room and can now get her situated. Once she is moved in, I can move my craft room to her old room. I am excited because my new craft room will be bigger and it will give me a chance to re-organize everything! But, being in limbo right now is no fun.  I did make some Paper Pumpkin projects for the My Pumpkin Challenge though! I apologize I did not have weekly recaps. I should be back to my regular schedule soon! I hope you will share your creations over at the My Pumpkin Challenge ! Did you make t